Best of Italy
venice, Florence, the tuscan countryside and rome
Day 1 – Arrival in Venice
Private transfer by boat from Venice airport to your hotel. Free time to adjust to the timezone and relax.
Day 2 – Discover Venice
Start the day with a tour of the world-famous St. Mark's Basilica, located on St Mark's Square in the very heart of the city. Next, enjoy a guided visit of the Doge's Palace, or Palazzo Ducale, which used to be the home of the Doge himself. You will learn about lavish lifestyle of Venice’s residents, its prisoners and, of course, Casanova.
In the afternoon, take a boat for a ride on the Grand Canal, the main "street" of Venice, lined up with beautiful palaces displaying their intricate architecture only from the water.
Day 3 – Travel to Florence
Transfer by high-speed train to Florence. Free time in the afternoon to explore the city. We recommend that you stop for a drink at a café or a roof-top terrace, which is a good way observe the city and its inhabitants’ lifestyle. You can climb up to the cupola of the Duomo or Giotto’s Bell Tower, or visit the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Santa Maria Novella Church, San Lorenzo market, the Palazzo Vecchio, Galileo Museum or Boboli Gardens.
Day 4 – Discover Florence
In the morning tour the Accademia, which is home to Michelangelo’s magnificent David. Entrance fees and audio-guides included.
In the afternoon, discover Florence the way it is meant to be discovered: on foot and with a local knowledgeable guide. This amazing city has so much art and history that you would miss out visiting it on your own. Our tour starts at the Signoria square in front of the Neptune Fontaine and we’ll continue our walking through the most interesting places of Florence: Palazzo Vecchio and Loggia dei Lanzi, the Repubblica Square, the Cathedral with the Brunelleschi’s Dome, the Baptistery with its famous Gates of Paradise. At the end of our walking we will enter the Uffizi Gallery to visit its beautiful collections of painting from the Italian Renaissance.
The tour will finish on the Uffizi’s terrace to admire the beautiful view on Ponte Vecchio and the typical goldsmiths’ shops.
Please remember churches do not allow bare shoulders and/or shorts.
Day 5 – Tuscany
In the morning, pick up your rental car and drive to the countryside. Enjoy a relaxing day at your quaint Tuscan villa surrounded by vineyards and cypress trees. You can also explore some of the lovely villages or even make a detour to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower, the basilica and the beautiful old town.
Day 6 – Chianti
Meet your guide and enjoy a tour of the Chianti region. Among other things, you will tour a few small wineries where traditional farming methods are still used. You will meet the winemakers who will show you their winemaking techniques and share some of their knowledge in oenology.
Day 7 – Travel to Rome
Drive back to Florence, drop off the rental car, and transfer by high-speed train to to Rome. After a few hours of relaxation, you will meet your local guide for an introductory walking tour of Rome. The tour will give you a sense of orientation in the city and cover the major landmarks, including Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Venezia, and the Victor Emmanuel II monument. Your guide will be happy to give you restaurants recommendations, and answer any questions you might have about the Italian capital.
Day 8 – The Vatican
In the morning, meet your guide at the Vatican. Entrance fees and skip the line access included. We suggest and early visit since the place gets overcrowded easily. You will get a tour of the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica.
Free time in the afternoon. We recommend that you have some ice cream at San Crispino, savor an espresso or go shopping on Via dei Condotti.
Day 9 – The Colosseum and Roman Forum
Once again, meet your guide for a tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Entrance fees and skip the line access included. Visit the remains of temples, basilicas, government buildings, and entertainment centers built approximately 2000 years ago, and learn about the Caesars and soldiers of the Great Roman Empire.
Free time in the afternoon.
Day 10 – Return home
Private transfer from your hotel to Rome airport. Buon viaggio!
$3,327.00 PER PERSON IN 4* HOTELS
Based on double room occupancy. Price is subject to variations according to season. Activities may be in a different order depending on availability. Additional terms and conditions apply.
- Private transfer from VCE airport to your hotel in Venice
- 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Venice
- Small group walking tour of Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Small group walking tour of Doge’s Palace
- Shared Grand Canal boat tour
- Private transfer from hotel to Venice train station
- 1st class train tickets from Venice to Florence
- Private transfer from Florence train station to hotel
- 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Florence
- General admission tickets to Galleria dell’Accademi, including audio-guides
- Small group tour of Florence and Galleria degli Uffizi
- 3-day car rental, compact size, manual transmission, no deductible insurance package
- 2 nights in a Tuscan villa
- 1st class train tickets from Florence to Rome
- Private transfer from Rome train station to hotel
- 3 nights in a centrally located hotel in Rome
- Small group walking tour of Rome
- Small group walking tour of Vatican & Sistine Chapel
- Small group walking tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Private transfer from hotel to FCO airport
- Daily breakfasts
- Most taxes
- 24-hour emergency line
Package does not include:
- Personal expenses
- International airfare
- Mandatory city tax at each hotel (to be paid on site)
- Car rental fees and extras (i.e. road fee, additional driver fee, train station/airport pick-up fee, GPS)
- Other meals aside from breakfast
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Visa or passport processing
- Baggage handling
- Handicap or disability assistance
- Extended customer support
- International driver license (mandatory in Italy)