Time Travel to France
A historical tour of paris and the Loire Valley
Day 1 – Arrival in Paris
Private transfer from Paris airport to your hotel. Free time to adjust to the timezone and relax.
Day 2 – Historic Heart of Paris
Get introduced to Paris and its main sites that shaped the city’s history: the Palace of the Louvre, Sorbonne University in the Latin Quarter, Ile de la Cité, Notre Dame, and others. This walking tour is the perfect first-timer activity, as well as a great wealth of information for the return visitor.
Day 3 – Lively Montmartre and Le Louvre
Despite being a neighborhood in central Paris, Montmartre seems more like an isolated village. The low-rise houses, parks, cobblestone streets, artists’ square, small cafés, and even a vineyard, contribute to its provincial atmosphere. You will take a walking tour led by an actor-guide whose expertise is to make history come to life through fascinating tales that can’t be found in any guidebook. You will see Van Gogh’s house, Sacré Coeur Basilica, Moulin Rouge and many more landmarks.
In the afternoon, take a special tour of the Louvre Museum. This world-famous museum is a must-see for everyone visiting Paris. The museum building is just as stunning as its collections, and your guide will be sure to highlight the incredible architecture of what used to be a medieval fortress and a royal palace. After admiring the façade of this impressive structure, your guide will take you inside, skipping the long lines of visitors, and show you the most important pieces of the museum.
Day 4 – Versailles and the French Revolution
This day is all about the French Revolution, and the history and events directly leading to it. The best place to start this fascinating piece of history is the Palace of Versailles. Your driver will pick you up at the hotel and take you to Versailles, located 30 minutes driving distance from Paris. With skip the line tickets in hand, you will avoid waiting in line and directly enter the palace. Your guide will tell you about the luxurious lives of the French kings and their families. Louis XIV was the first one to settle down his court in the palace, but Louis XVI is probably the most associated with Versailles. He and his wife, Marie-Antoinette, were guillotined in the aftermath of the French Revolution putting and end to the absolute monarchy. On this tour you will visit the opulent Great Apartments, the sumptuous Queen’s Bedroom, the impressive Gallery of Battles and the magnificent Hall of Mirrors. In the remaining time you can freely stroll the French Gardens.
Back in Paris, at around 3:00 pm meet your guide for a walking tour of the main French Revolution sites. Hear more stories about Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette and their children from the time of their capture to their gruesome beheadings. Learn about the Bastille Prison, which no longer exists, and the 14th of July events that played a turning point in the country’s history. Visit Les Invalides, La Conciergerie with Marie-Antoinette’s prison cell, Tuileries Gardens, Place de la Concorde and other relevant sites.
Day 5 – Travel to the Loire Valley
Transfer by high-speed train to Tours, Loire Valley. Pick up a rental car and check in to your magnificent château hotel. Free time for the rest of the day.
Day 6 – Chenonceau, Amboise and Clos Lucé
Meet your guide for full-day, small group tour of the most stunning Loire Valley castles. Wine tasting and lunch included. First, visit Château de Chenonceau built directly above the river Cher featuring exceptional “A la Française” gardens. Next, stop at a local winery for a tour of the cellars and wine tasting, have a delicious lunch and some French cheese, then visit another famous castle. Once a royal palace, Château d’Amboise underwent a lot of changes in function and style, and is also Leonardo Da Vinci’s burial place. In the last part of the day visit Château du Clos Lucé, the last residence of da Vinci.
Day 7 – Beauregard, Chambord, Cheverny, and more wines of the Loire
Another full-day tour of Loire Valley castles. First, stop at Château de Beauregard, a royal hunting lodge with a collection of over 300 portraits of famous French people, including kings, queens and aristocrats. Next, enjoy a wine tasting of fruity white and elegant red wines, followed by lunch. In the afternoon, take a guided tour of Château de Cheverny, owned by the same family since the 13th century, and later tour Château de Chambord, a very distinct example of Renaissance architecture.
Day 8 – Travel to Chantilly
Transfer by high-speed train to Paris, more specifically to the nearby town of Chantilly. You will stay at an elegant hotel on Domaine de Chantilly, next to the castle with the same name. Free time in the afternoon to visit the property, the French gardens, Musée Condé and The Living Horse Museum.
Day 9 – Return home
Private transfer from your hotel to Paris airport. Au revoir!
$3,470.00 PER PERSON IN 4* HOTELS
Based on double room occupancy. Price is subject to variations according to season. Activities may be in a different order depending on availability. Additional terms and conditions apply.
- Private transfer from CDG airport to hotel in Paris
- 4 nights in a centrally located hotel in Paris
- 2 1/2-hour guided, small group tour of the historic heart of Paris
- 2 1/2-hour guided, small group Montmartre walking tour
- 2-hour guided, small group tour of the Louvre Museum with Skip the Line tickets
- 3 1/2-hour guided, small group tour of Versailles Palace with Skip the Line tickets
- 2 hour walking tour of The French Revolution
- 1st class TGV train tickets from Paris to Tours
- 3-day car rental, compact size, manual transmission, no deductible insurance package
- 3 nights in a charming Loire Valley château hotel
- Full day, small group tour to Chenonceau, Amboise and Clos Lucé with lunch, wine tasting and entrance fees
- Full day, small group tour to Beauregard, Cheverny and Chambord with lunch, wine tasting and entrance fees
- 1st class TGV train tickets from Tours to Paris CDG station
- Private transfer from Paris CDG station to Chantilly hotel
- 1 night at an elegant hotel on Domaine de Chantilly
- Private transfer from hotel to Paris CDG airport
- Daily breakfasts
- Most taxes
- 24-hour emergency line
Package does not include:
- Personal expenses
- International airfare
- Car rental fees and extras (i.e. road fee, additional driver fee, train station/airport pick-up fee, GPS)
- Other meals aside from breakfast and lunch included in full day tours, as mentioned above
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Visa or passport processing
- Baggage handling
- Handicap or disability assistance
- Extended customer support
- International driver license (recommended, but not mandatory in France)